The water that reaches our home goes through a lot of treatment, which infuses it with a lot of chemicals. These chemicals, when ingested in large quantities, can cause serious damage to our body. For this reason, we are going to feature our top three picks when it comes to the best under sink water filter.
Water is one of the most important things you need in this world in order to survive. You need it for cooking, for drinking, for survival. Having quality water to drink out of the faucet is a worthwhile investment that every home needs to make. How about you? Have you invested in a safe and trustworthy water filtration system yet?
The Need for a Water Filtration System at Home
Observe what happens to your faucet after frequent use. It will require cleaning, later on, to save it from the metals that have collected through time. There’s even a possibility for these hardened sediments to reach a point of permanent damage that can lead you to replace your faucet altogether.
It is a sad reality that we have to install a water filter just to get safe and healthy water from our sink. So, how do you prevent these harmful materials from mixing with your drinking water? Do you really need to purchase separate water for drinking? Or is there a way to cleanse your water at home for drinking?
Well, that’s exactly what we are going to talk about today!
Best Under Sink Water Filters: Our Top Picks
Here, we are going to feature three of the best under sink water filters in the market that you can install on your own at home. These devices will filter out most—if not all—of those impurities you don’t want to drink and give you the convenience of drinking straight from your sink without worries.
Top Pick #1: CuZn UC-200 Under Counter Water Filter
The first under sink water filter that we are going to feature today is the CuZn UC-200 Under Counter Water Filter. Want to find out what makes it stand out from the rest?
It has an amazing capacity of 50,000g of water. It also boasts a three-stage filtration system, which effectively removes 98% of heavy metals found in water. This includes lead, mercury, chromium, and more. It also removes the free radicals found in water. Finally, it has a filtration system called a “bacteriostatic filtration system”. This technology ensures the prevention of bacteria and mold growth.
- INCREDIBLE CAPACITY/LIFETIME: 50,000g or 5 years! CuZn Backs The UC-200's Performance with a 5 year Pro-Rated Warranty and all CuZn Products Carry a 90 Day Satisfaction Guarantee. The UC-200 is Designed for use with Municipal Water not Private Well Water. The UC-200 is a Water Purification System, it is NOT a Water Softening System.
- NO THIRD FAUCET HASSLE & SIMPLE TO INSTALL: Connects Directly to your Kitchen Sink's Cold Water Line. Only Takes a Few Minutes. All You will Need is an Adjustable Wrench for Tightening Connections. NEW Install Video Instructions Available, See Product Description for Details. Questions or Non Standard Under Counter Plumbing? Send us an Email or Call CuZn's Customer Support Team @ 800.345.PURE (7873)
- 3 STAGE FILTRATION PROCESS: Micro Sediment Membranes, KDF-55 & Coconut Shell Carbon. The UC-200's Process Purifies the Water Without Removing Health Beneficial Hardness Minerals, The UC-200 DOES NOT REDUCE TDS READINGS, a PPM or TDS Meter is Not Effective for testing. To Monitor The UC-200 with Testing, Utilize DPD#1 Chlorine Test Strips and Replace when Chlorine Breakthrough is Detected. Want TDS Removal? Search ASIN# B019N7VG1W on Amazon to View CuZn's Reverse Osmosis System.
- BACTERIOSTATIC FILTRATION SYSTEM: Unlike Carbon Only Filters, The UC-200 is Bacteriostatic and Not Susceptible to Mold or Bacteria Growth
- COMPREHENSIVE SUPPORT POLICY: The UC-200 is Fitted with 3/8" Male Compression Inlet/Outlet Fittings & comes with a 36" Long 3/8" x 3/8" Braided Stainless Steel Compression Hose. Have Non-Standard Plumbing or an Alternative Install in Mind (such as dedicated filtered water only faucet)? Contact Customer Support, We'll Supply an Install Kit for All Non-standard Installations at No Additional Cost to You!
Here are the pros and cons of using the product:
- Increased longevity (can be used for up to five years)
- Easy to install (only needs an adjustable wrench)
- Comes with video instructions for installation
- Comes with a 90-day satisfaction guarantee
- Only removes 20 to 30% of fluoride
- Some people find the water’s taste unimproved
Top Pick #2: Woder Under Sink Filter Premium Class
Let’s now move on to the next top pick, the Woder 10K-Gen3 Under Sink Filter Premium Class. This powerful water filter has a 10,000g capacity, but what’s great about it is its selective filtration system that removes 99.9% of harmful water impurities while retaining all the essential minerals.
Sounds good, right? This is what sets Woder apart from other filtration systems, which eliminate everything from the water—including all the good stuff!
- LASTS FOR A MINIMUM OF 3 YEARS OR 10,000 GALLONS - Notes: For longest life, use with municipal treated cold water only, not well water. Do not use with salty or softened water. Connects for use only with cold water for drinking.
- NO PLUMBING REQUIRED - Comes with 'Direct Connect' hoses that fit standard 3/8" water valves under US kitchen and bathroom sinks. The 3/8" Direct Connect Hose are made to install directly to the existing cold water valve and faucet stem under your sink. Replacement filters ASIN B0144MFN92.
- PURE AND HEALTHY WATER - WITH NO MORE BOTTLES IN THE FRIDGE - Eliminates lead (99.9%), heavy metals, chlorine (99.9%), chromium 6, mercury, volatile organic compounds, carcinogens, and other contaminants, as well as turbidity, odors and bad tastes, so you and your family enjoy pure, healthy, spring-fresh water from the tap.
- SELECTIVE FILTRATION - Woder filters have a unique technology that removes over 99.99% of contaminants while leaving in all essential minerals (Reverse osmosis filter out everything, including the minerals your body needs. As far as nutrition goes, experts consider it essentially dead water).
- Flow Rate is 2GPM @65 psig. ENJOY TAP WATER AS PURE AND HEALTHY AS SPRING WATER - Woder filters are built with materials approved by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and tested by independent laboratories to ANSI standards (American National Standards Institute), so you can have complete confidence in the quality of Woder-filtered water. Flow Rate 2GPM @65 psig.
Here is a quick listing of the product’s pros and cons to give you more ideas about this device:
- Easy to install (doesn’t require any tools)
- Water tastes better compared to other filtration systems
- Also eliminates bad odor better compared to other filtration systems
- Prevents water marks from forming
- Comes with a money-back guarantee
- The product description doesn’t specify fluoride removal
- Can only be used for three years
- Can only be used for municipal-treated water
Top Pick #3: Aquasana Three-Stage Under Sink Water Filter System
Finally, we have the Aquasana Three-Stage Under Sink Water Filter System as our third and final pick. This water filter system is quite different from the previous two we have mentioned because of two reasons:
- It has three separate tanks; and
- It comes with its own faucet.
Its capacity is also smaller compared to the first two as it can only handle 600 gallons of water. Don’t underestimate it only because of its capacity though, because the Aquasana actually has a powerful water filtration system that can match other powerful filtration systems out there.
Its first tank is a pre-filter, which takes care of all the sediments and rust in the water. The second tank is an activated carbon tank, which takes care of all the harmful chemicals present in the water. And finally, the third tank is a catalytic carbon tank, which significantly reduces the heavy metals present in the water for further disinfection.
- Instant access to healthy water - keeps you and your family hydrated all day. Provides better tasting food and beverages
- Removes up to 99% of 77 contaminants including lead, mercury, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, and more
- Full system NSF certified to standards 42, 53, 401 +P473 - will not leach contaminants back into your water
- Zero additives and zero waste - no water is wasted while using this system and no harmful contaminants are added back into your water
- Healthy water at only 9 cents per gallon - sediment pre-filter increases capacity and filter gives you 600 gallons of ultra delicious water
For more information about this product, here is a quick list of its pros and cons:
- Easy to install
- Allows easy filter replacement
- Has a faster flow rate
- Comes with an alert device that tells you when it’s time to replace the filters
- Can only be used for six months
- Comes with a separate faucet that some users deem inconvenient
- Comes with three filter tanks that will all need replacement and maintenance
So, after going through the top three under sink water filter systems, which one do you think is the best? Well, it actually depends on your priorities. What do we mean?
In terms of longevity and capacity, we definitely recommend the CuZn UC-200 Under Counter Water Filter. That 50,000-gallon capacity is priceless as compared to the measly 600-gallon capacity of the Aquasana Water Filter System.
If you really value the quality of water, though, not only in terms of filtration but also for its taste and odor, then we definitely recommend the Woder Under Sink Filter Premium Class. It only offers a fifth of the CuZn’s capacity at only 10,000 gallons, but the quality of water produced is significantly better than the previous filter.
Finally, some people prefer the Aquasana Three-Stage Under Sink Water Filter System since they feel that the three tanks are a lot more reliable than a single tank. The filters on these tanks are really easy and affordable to replace, after all.
In the end, it’s all up to you which one you prefer. Just keep in mind that when it comes to water, the most important thing is trust. You need to trust your water filtration system and trust the water you consume. If you do, then you’ll feel the quality of your life significantly improving, along with your health.