Looking for the best countertop water filter? Well, then you’re in luck! Today, we are going to feature our top three picks among the hundreds of countertop water filters currently in the market.
Having potable water at home is good for a number of reasons:
- It is convenient to just get your drinking water straight from the tap.
- It is more affordable.
- And, of course, it more environment-friendly since you won’t be buying water in plastic bottles anymore.
However, doing so can be very unhealthy. Municipal water is filled with sediments, heavy metals, and other impurities, after all. Fortunately, there’s a way to clear it from its impurities, and that is by installing your own water filtration system at home.
Under-Sink vs. Countertop Water Filtration Systems
There are generally two kinds of water filtration systems: the under-sink water filter system and the countertop water filter system. Some people prefer the under-sink water filter system since they are less clutter on the countertop. However, more people prefer a countertop water filter system because it’s easier to monitor from time to time.
How about you? Do you also want to see your water filter system out in the open? If doing so gives you additional peace of mind, then you are in the right place. In this article, we are going to share with you the best countertop water filters, their best features, and more!
Are you ready? Then let’s get started!
iSpring Countertop Drinking Water Filtration System
The first countertop water filter that we are going to feature today is the iSpring Countertop Drinking Water Filtration System. Its impressive carbon block cartridge can filter up to 95% of the impurities you’ll find on your water, such as:
- Industrial chemicals
- And more!
This significantly improves the water’s taste and odor.
Another feature that we like about this water filter system is its clear housing. It makes the filter look sleek, stylish, and most of all, clean. It also enables the user to easily check if the filter already needs replacement, which is a great convenience!
- CLEAR HOUSING - See-through housing allows you to visually inspect the filter and know when it's time for a filter change
- ULTRA SAFE - Includes a standard 5 micron Carbon Block Cartridge that removes 95% of chlorine, odors, sand, silt, sediment and rust from your drinking water. Highly effective on volatile organic compounds (VOCs) like pesticides, herbicides, and industrial chemicals. Tested by independent third-party to meet NSF/ANSI Standards.
- EASY INSTALLATION - No drilling required. Portable and easy to install. Sleek and efficient design offers a natural look on any counter. Perfect for small spaces.
- COMPLETE FILTRATION - A standard 10 inch CTO cartridge, a plastic wrench, two faucet adapters, tubing and O-ring included for a leak-free install
- TOP-NOTCH SUPPORT - 30 day money back guarantee, 1 year limited warranty and lifetime technical support from Atlanta, Georgia
Aside from the features we have mentioned above, here are the pros and cons of using the product for more info:
- Easy to install
- Comes with its own plastic wrench and other needed installation tools
- It has a small, portable design (perfect for limited spaces!)
- Comes with a one year warranty
- Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Water capacity in terms of gallons or average usage duration wasn’t mentioned
- Product design is prone to leaking if not installed properly
Home Master Countertop Water Filtration System
Let us now move on to our next top pick, the Home Master Countertop Water Filtration System. This water filtration system comes in two colors, white and black. It is simply up to you to choose which one you think will best suit your countertop style.
We know what you’re interested in, though. It’s the three-stage filter system this product offers, which guarantees to remove up to 93% of the various impurities and chemicals you’ll find in the municipal water. These include fluoride, chlorine, and more.
This is also thanks to the two major components at work in this filtration system: the 10 oz. of coconut shell carbon and 10 oz. of activated alumina.
- Highly pure water - three-stage filter removes up to 93 percent of fluoride, chlorine, and other chemicals
- Efficient, space-saving design - compact design takes up minimal space and easily fits on any sinktop
- Simple and easy installation takes only minutes
- Portable - compact unit travels well
For more information, here is a quick list of the product’s pros and cons:
- Easy to install
- Comes with an installation video
- It has a portable and space-saving design
- Filtration of heavy metals (aside from arsenic) wasn’t mentioned
- Water capacity is only 500 gallons (only lasts for three months)
- Some people find the opaque covering inconvenient since you can’t see the status of the filter inside
APEX Countertop Drinking Water Filter
Finally, we are down to our last top pick, the APEX Countertop Drinking Water Filter. The best thing we love about this water filter is that it comes in seven different styles:
- Opaque Black
- Opaque Chrome
- Opaque White
- Clear Blue
- Clear Green
- Clear Red
- And just Clear!
This gives homeowners a variety of different design options to choose from. As for its filtration system, it filters out water impurities such as heavy metals, bacteria, harmful chemicals, and more. What sets it apart from other filter systems, though, is its alkaline beads that turn your average tap water into healthy alkaline water that is safe to drink.
- REDUCES CONTAMINANTS IN TAP WATER: The APEX Clear Countertop Alkaline Drinking Water Filter System removes contaminants commonly found in tap water, like chlorine, sediment, and radon. It also filters Cryptosporidium, and Giardia cysts, which contribute to water-borne illnesses. APEX water filters remove mercury and harmful pesticides to give you delicious, sparkling, fresh clean drinking water.
- CONNECTS TO STANDARD FAUCETS: APEX's Clear countertop water filter system has been designed to conveniently sit right on your kitchen counter. It is simple to install, and connects easily to most standard kitchen faucets. All the necessary hardware is included for easy do-it-yourself installation. Simply remove the aerator screen from the faucet and screw on the collar of the APEX diverter valve.
- COST-EFFECTIVE WATER FILTER: By using an APEX countertop alkaline water filter, you can stop wasting money on small disposable bottles of water that just get thrown away when empty. Buying bottled water for daily home consumption gets expensive and tedious. You don't have to lug heavy water jugs or cases home to enjoy fresh clean drinking water. APEX water filters are the solution.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE: Owning your own bottleless kitchen water dispenser can not only save you money, but it is the responsible choice for helping to eliminate the millions of plastic water bottles piling up in landfills each year. We only have one world, but it is quickly being polluted by unnecessary water bottles that can be reduced by having your own filtered water source at home.
- MADE IN THE USA: Proudly made in the USA, APEX makes all of their products according to the National Safety Foundation certified water filter safety standards and requirements. By following the strict guidelines of the NSF and the FDA, we ensure that the water your family drinks is completely safe and healthy. Let APEX clean and protect your drinking water so you don't have to worry about it.
As for the product’s pros and cons, here they are:
- Easy to install
- Comes with its own plastic wrench
- Comes with a thorough installation guide
- Water capacity is up to 750 gallons of water
- Comes in a small and stylish design
- Some people found the taste and odor of the water unchanged
- Product design is prone to breakage and leakage if not installed properly
Best Countertop Water Filter: The Verdict
All of the water filter systems we have featured really came close to each other in terms of their filtration quality and value for money. However, it is pretty obvious that the best system is the APEX Countertop Drinking Water Filter when it comes to design and features.
First, the added color options is a nice touch—especially for homeowners who really put a value on style and design. The clear and colored options give a balance between style and the convenience of being able to monitor the filter easily. Those who don’t like seeing their filters exposed in a translucent cover, though, would find the opaque options helpful.
Let us also not forget the benefits provided by alkaline water. First, they can help balance our blood’s pH levels. Aside from that, the water will also be infused with helpful minerals such as potassium, magnesium, and calcium. Finally, it makes the body healthier by helping with hydration and detoxification.
We hope you have found this quick rundown of our top picks helpful in your search of the best water filter for your home. Getting a dependable water filter is necessary to improve you and your family’s health and quality of life.
It’s also important to invest in a water filter system you can trust. Without one, you’ll actually be spending more money in the long run due to your continuous purchasing of bottled drinking water, or worse, due to medical expenses caused by drinking contaminated water.